CHR has been engaged in independent and collaborative research since 1990, and its large body of research serves local, national and international policy makers and practitioners. CHR is going forward under the new Directorship of Dr Donald Houston
following the retirement of Professor Duncan Maclennan in March 2014. A number of research projects will report over coming months, including work on:
1. Impact of welfare reform on the 'housing safety net'
2. Localism and third sector agendas in housing
3. Cities as economic and social incubators
4. Housing and neighbourhood influences on entrepreneurship and self-employment
5. Housing wealth within and between generations
6. Regional house price cycles
7. Residential segregation
8. Monitoring housing service providers' outcomes (Client Records and Outcomes)
The centre has a wealth of skill amongst its staff of researchers, lecturers, data analysts, PhD students and IT technicians.. Their expertise builds upon substantial experience in social housing data collection and analysis. CHR's work is increasingly used by those with interests in cities, health & education determinants, carbon reduction and housing policy ultimately contributing to better chances and places for people.